Tuesday 18 January 2011

a journey

Summer Palace
Beijing, China

There is something about the anticipation of travel that brings a smile to my face from the moment I wake up in the morning. It adds sparkle to my days, brings day-dreams along in the car and provides an incredible combination of (over)excitement and peacefulness all at the same time. Travel, for me at least, does not begin the moment I step into the plane, it starts with the moment the idea is born. And somehow, it the midst of all the planning, something unexpected might come along and add new dimensions to the journey.

I have often wondered how best to describe this innate need to travel, and today when I found the quotation below it finally dawned on me! I don't want my life disrupted by routine.


"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"
-Caskie Stinnett-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...